Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Chikungunya strikes!

  

Family and Friends,
This week has been one of the harder ones in Santa Barbra. We had to stay inside all week because I got a virus called Chikungunya. It has hit a lot of people here in Honduras, and I think in central America because it is passed through mosquitoes. I had pain in my muscles, headache, fever, etc. until I could get an IV from a doctor. the doctor we went to wasn't too bad, he put in an IV and I felt much better afterward. Although I was a bit skeptical because he put in a medicine to kill the fever and I almost freaked out because it made me sweat a lot, but it worked and I am fine now so its all good.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Elders taking care of elders...Chandler at the Dr's office

The temperatures here are at a high, as I am sure they are in AZ, and it is rough! I wonder how some people can sit in their hot houses all day and just cook tortillas. I think they like the heat a little more that I do, but it is a good challenge. The only thing that bugs me is that I am never not sweaty! ha ha I could have all the fans in the world and as long as I am here, I will be sweaty. 
 
 
 Cooking a birthday cake
 
Other than that, I have gained a little more confidence in my Spanish speaking abilities, Although I still have a far ways to go. I wish I had more exciting experiences this week but suffering in the heat with a jungle virus is about as exciting as it gets this week. 
I love you guys and I am so thankful for your prayers!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment