Sunday, October 4, 2015

Baptism!



Dear family and friends,

This week Elder Melgar and I had a baptism! She is 19 years old. It has been very good to watch her change her life and to help her grow in her testimony of the restored gospel. In her baptismal service she bore her testimony and it was weird to think that we had helped her to know of the things that she now knows to be true.
I was put in charge of running the baptismal service. The branch President, President Lopez basically told me to make it a great service and I think it went well. The best part was having her mom there to watch. She is not a member, but I think watching her daughter get baptized helped her strengthen her testimony. 
We have also been teaching her mom stepdad. They are a family that is a little awkward for me, but very nice! They invited us over yesterday to share a message and eat some baleadas!


The Road to Cofradia

This week we also went to Cofradia for a zone conference, and to San Pedro on Friday for a conference of the leaders of the mission. My companion is district leader and so I got to go and watch! It was a great experience in which We got to sit, and the leaders got to participate, in thinking of ways to add more urgency to missionary work. President Dester used the metaphor of a giant tsunami that is going to hit, and we are the only ones that can see it so we need to warn everyone. I know I need to improve on my urgency in delivering, with clarity, the gospel message! It was a great meeting to be a part of.

Air-Hondurans take a beating in the rain

Also, I got some special news this week that a less active member that we reactivated received a mission call to Ecuador! He sent me and email and thanked me for making an impact on him and helping him to decide to serve a mission. I was very thankful for that experience!
For more on my companion, Elder Melgar, He is awesome. He is one of the most humble people I have ever met, which makes it really easy be be companions with him! He is helping me a lot with my Spanish just by practicing. From the moment we wake up to the moment we sleep it’s all EspaƱol which is great practice for me! He is from El Salvador and from a very poor family, but he works hard and I am thankful to have him as a comp.
I love and miss you all, I hope everything is going good at home. Have a great week!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment