Tuesday, January 12, 2016

One Year Down!

Hello family and friends!
This week is my one year mark! It is hard to believe all that has happened in this year and although the days feel long.. the year has gone by pretty quickly! I think I have learned more in this year of my life than all of the other years combined. Never in my life have I been so thankful for the scriptures, the church, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. This experience is helping me to see a bigger picture of the plan that Heavenly Father has for each one of us. If we are going through hard times or just feel like we need a friend, Jesus Christ always has His hand extended for us.

This week on the year mark we had our interviews with the mission president. He told me that it is important to be patient through our times of trial. I asked him how we can know what Heavenly Father thinks of us. I have always wondered what Heavenly Father thinks of me. He told me that I will probably not receive a direct answer, but we can feel of his love and approval through words from family, friends, and from leaders.

We also had the opportunity to baptize 3 siblings.
The 11 year old boy and asked me to baptize him.  The girls are 16 and 19.. They are very smart and are setting an example for their parents who are not members of the church. I think because of their examples that they will hopefully take the lessons soon.
mini turtle
Yesterday I got sick and had to take a little rest.. but I am feeling better today. Looking back on this year there have been many ups and downs, but I know they are all helping me to grow closer to Heavenly Father. I am so thankful that I can be His servant during this time of my life. I love and miss you all at home! Have a great week this week!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment