Thursday, December 8, 2016

On the way out...and lots of pictures


Family and friends,

I cant believe that it will only be about 10 days until I see you guys again! Looking back on this time I have been able to see so many things from a different perspective. I am so thankful for the things that I have learned and the experiences that I have had. 



This week was a great week, we taught investigators and helped strengthen the branch as well. We had a few lessons that I really enjoyed. As we were contacting in the street we were able to make our way into a house and teach about the restoration. It was such a powerful spirit that was there as we bore testimony of the restoration and of the Church of Jesus Christ. I couldnt help but to think that this week will be some of the last times that I will have to share this special message as a missionary. I thought back on all of the timest that I had taught this particular lesson and I am so thankful that I can feel the spirit testify each time we teach it. 



In a lesson with a few of the neighborhood kids we have been teaching we were able to respond questions that their neighbors had given them. They asked why we shouldnt drink coffee and about what would happen if they didnt get baptized in this particular church. I felt like Elder Ocon and I could relate alot to them because it wasnt too long ago that we were kids just like them. I even have had some of the same questions that they were asking! 
Apart from that, Sunday was a very spiritual day for me because I had the opportunity to bless the sacrament with 


Juan carlos, a convert of the sisters in our ward. I was able to baptize him a few weeks ago and this was his second time blessing the sacrament. I have been a witness of the change that has taken place in his life and it made me so happy to see him doing that special ordinance. 



As we were leaving church, a drunk old guy named Manny started to yell at us and say bad words because we believe in the Book of Mormon. He even started yelling at the sisters and looked like he was gonna do something so we took him aside and calmed him down. Santa Rosa is a very safe place, but there are always crazy people! 



I have felt so happy in these past weeks and months. I couldn't feel that at the beginning but I know that reading the scriptures, praying, and serving others is what brings true happiness. I love you guys and I am so so excited to see you guys!! Have a great week!

Love

Elder Dowell


More pictures...







No comments:

Post a Comment