Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Training days

Family and Friends,
THis week we had changes and I now have a new companion. His name is Elder Dipko and he is from Saratoga Springs, Utah. He knows spanish very well, just coming out of the MTC. He went to BYU for a semester before leaving, and he studied spanish for 5 years at school. He is a new missionary and has about 5 days in Honduras, and I have the opportunity to train him. I am very excited and a little bit nervous too! I hoep that I can set a good example for him and teach him a bunch about this crazy country! I know I will learn alot from him too. 
This week was crazy as the transition to different companions has never been easy for me to do! haha I always get a little anxiety, and sometimes.. alot! But that doesn't take away from some of the great experiences that I have had this week. It was a little hard trying to find people to teach, but One of the experiences that i will share made all of these hard experiences worth it!
This week in church was fast and testimony meeting. I had challenged our recent converts Ashley, hazel, and gustavo to bare their testimonies. They were hesitant, but on Sunday, they told me that they would go if I went first. I always get a little nervous of messing up in spanish but I bore my testimony and felt good. After that, the other missionaries, my companion and the other 2 missionaries bore their testimonies. afterwards Gustavo, who is 11 years old, walked nervously up to the microphone. He said in front of everyone that he was grateful for me, and that I had taught him the gospel. He said that he has learned alot from me and that one day he wants to serve a mission too. He went on to bare his testimony. He said that he knows that the Church is the true church of Jesus Christ. He told everyone of his testimony of the book of mormon and of the prophet joseph smith. Many people after hearing his testimony spoke about how it impacted theirs. It was a very spiritual fast and testimony meeting. 
As far as the people who we are teaching, many are willing to be baptized, but their situations are a little bit difficult. Many are not married and 2 of them are even living with someone that is not their actual wife. they got seperated, but the paperwork never got done so that is a difficult situation. But an older lady named Argentina commited to be baptized on the 26th of march. We hope to be able to help her towards that date. 
I love this area here in Paraiso. I feel like I fit in and get along with the members and investigators that we have very well. I am excited to keep working here. I love and miss you guys! Send a few pics, I hope you guys are doing great! Have a great week!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment