Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Planting Trees

Dear family and friends,


This week has been full of blessings and many great growing experiences. At the beginning of this week I was a little bit stressed because President Bush had given me the option to come home on the 15th of December or the 29th of December. Initially I had chosen the 29th of December thinking that it was the right thing to do. All of my mission buddies will be going home on that same date also. After making that decision I felt so bad because that would mean that my time at home to see everyone would be very limited. I prayed about it but I knew it would be better to choose the earlier date. I prayed so hard to be able to change it and when I called the immigration secretary said it was impossible! I was freaking out a little, but President Bush helped me to be able to switch the ticket. 


I love this country so much. I have learned so many things here and it will be so hard to leave. I know without a doubt that I was called here for a reason. I am so thankful for each experience, good and bad, that I have had because it has helped me to "open my eyes". I have thought this week about all the other many things that I have to improve and that I need to work on, but the mission has taught me how to do that! I know that the guidance of the Holy Ghost is the most important because it teaches us all the things that we can do. Throughout the week I notice thoughts that come to my head that I know are not my own. I know that those inspired thoughts are how Heavenly Father reveals to us His will. Obedience is paying attention to those thoughts and feelings and acting upon them. 


One impression that Elder Deeble and I received this week was to visit a family that we saw at church yesterday. We went to their house to teach them a lesson and we were going to teach them about the plan of salvation. The father had a job where he has to drive around his boss who is handicap wherever he wants to go. Sometimes he takes long trips and cant be home very often. Yesterday luckily they were home.. they have 2 little boys. After we prayed we asked them if they had any question of what they had been reading in the book of Mormon.The wife had been reading in 1 Nephi 14 where it talks about the great and abominable church. She had also been reading in 2 Nephi 5 where it talks about the curse that was put on the Lamanites. 


They had a neighbor tell them that we practice polygamy and that they shouldn't go to our church. They asked all of these things and I felt that the spirit was directing us to each of the answers and explanations. They didn't remember what chapters those verses were in but we had our scriptures marked and ready! It was  a great feeling to teach them about things that we have studied about. 


This week Elder Deeble got really sick. He is doing fine now, but we had to stay in a day because he was throwing up and all that. It reminded me of when I first got here to Honduras.. poor guy! He has been a really good sport, and we even accompanied the other branch in Santa Rosa to a tree planting activity! It was a little redundant because there were a TON of trees where we went, and everywhere for that matter. 
We have a few baptisms planned this week with some kids that we have been teaching and a guy in his 30.s. . They are great investigators and I feel that they have been saved and prepared for this time. 


I love and miss you guys! I love being a missionary and preaching the gospel to everyone we can! Have a great week!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment