Sunday, November 6, 2016

Quick note

I feel bad for not writing a big letter so i will not leave these questions unanswered!

What was the highlight that you hope to never forget?
We had the baptisms of a 15 year old kid named Josue and a 16 year old kid. It was an amazing experience teaching them and preparing them for baptism. The 15 year old was baptized first by my companion and I will never forget what he said when he came out of the water. He said the waters freezing! But i can feel such a great feeling of peace. That is what he said to his friend who I was about to baptize. Without knowing it, he bore his testimony to his friend. I wrote about that in my journal!!

  
What was the hardest part of your week?
Sunday was the hardest. I was super tired and when we went out to work nobody was home and nobody wanted to hear us. It was so frustrating and I was fed up.. but today was better!

Who did you make a connection with this week?
This week We made a great connection with those two boys. We can tell that they look up to us alot and they said that they want to serve a mission someday too! we also have been connecting great with our branch President.


What did you enjoy studying in the scriptures?
Reading in alma about captian moroni and the preparation and noblility that he had in fighting for what is right!

How have you see the Lords hand in your life this week?
Yes. I have seen it every day.. especially in the people that we teach. He helps me to be more patient and to see His children as he sees them.

How have you been the Lord's hands this week?
We were able to help plan an activity for this coming week to make money for a family that we are trying to get married and baptized! 

I am really sorry for being short!

I love you guys and hope you have a great week!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment