Saturday, March 7, 2015

Semana 2 En San Pedro Sula (Castaños)

I have been praying for you guys so much this week. This week has been hot but lots of good things happen too. 
We have many investigators and we set a baptismal date for one, M, on march 28th. She has had problems in her life but she has a very strong testimony and wants her daughter to get baptized as well. 
We became very good friends with two ladies that own a business making baleadas and pulpulsas. their names are Janira and Sonia. They have given us free food every time we stop by and we share scriptures with them. I shared Psalm 23 and how the Lord will always guide our paths. It strengthens my testimony little by little to share these simple messages. Their restaurant is called Guanak´s and it is the best. Janira also offered to do our laundry. They are not members but still so kind. Mom, they remind me a lot of you, but of course you're the best! 

I have some advice and this is mostly for Mom and Sydney but it can apply to everyone. First I have a few quotes:
"Don't hurry, Don't worry, you are only here on a short visit, so don't forget to stop and smell the flowers".
"There is no satisfaction without a struggle first". 

Read D and C 122:6 and 7 for FHE. Go around the circle and say what your trials are and then apply the last few lines to whatever that trial is. Know that I love you and I am so thankful for you.
 
I have been a little sick but not too bad. I am getting better at understanding what people are saying, although some people just mumble and I cant understand anything. My trainer, Elder Merlos is awesome and has helped me with all of my questions about Honduras and about Spanish and life in general. Today I bought my first jersey! I will send pics when I find a computer safe to send them on. 
I don't know if you guys get the Leahona, but look up the March edition online and read the First Presidency message by Elder Uchtdorf. it brought me much comfort and support. Look at that picture also and think of yourself as that healing angel. 
This week was fast and testimony meeting. i felt like a true Catracho (Honduran) because i was hot and hungry. Some girls of a family we taught around Sydney and Savannah's age told me to share my testimony...so I did! It was short but it felt good to say what I know simply in Spanish! I felt really good afterward and lots of people complimented me after, mostly because my Spanish was not as terrible as the previous week. 
I love you all so much and I miss you! Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment