Monday, July 4, 2016

Left Behind

Happy 4th of July!!!

I am so thankful to be from the land of the free and the home of the brave. We haven't done much to celebrate, but it has been a busy week! Elder Westerlind and I have had to do many baptismal interviews a little bit farther away. It is awesome to see  the other people in our zone have such great success. I often wonder why I cant have that kind of success. I got a call also from my old companion Elder Dipko who told me that many of the people who we had previously taught are progressing. I was talking to Elder Westerlind and telling him how I feel about that. It is not a new feeling to me.. but he helped me to understand that maybe it is not God's will that it happen for me right now. He was right. I find myself being humbled like that many times a week. I do want to be better at accepting God's will and not just my own selfish desires. 
One of the nights that we had interviews we were about an hour away from our area when we finished and we were waiting for the bus to go home. We were told that the bus would come around 7.. then around 8.. then it never came. SO we had to stay at the Elder's house in their area. It set us back a little bit but I was so thankful that we were able to stay somewhere. I think about if we were just some random people with no money.. what would we do in that situation? crazy.
This Pday we just got back from visiting the Copan Ruins with many people from our zone! It was a really cool experience to see more of the Honduran culture. I love the weather.. although it is hot sometimes, the green mountains have my heart. it is so beautiful. If i had to live outside of the United States, I would live here!!! .. I hope that never happens though.. haha 




Marshy, I am also so so excited for you and so proud of you! I wish I could be there to hug you goodbye, just as you did for me a year and a half ago! but I know you will be such a great missionary and touch the lives of so many. I will be thinking about you this week, and praying for you extra! Let me know how everything goes down at home! I love and miss you! Marshy, you're the best brother in the universe!!
Love

Elder Chandler Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment