Thursday, July 21, 2016

The streets of Copan part 2

This week I have felt very blessed. Getting to see and read about Marshalls experiences have given me a whole different perspective. I can remember so acutely those times in the MTC and they are just pure growing experiences that you cant get anywhere else! 



It was so sad to see Elder Westerlind leave. There is always a lot of hype around changes, people leaving, and new people coming in. I learned a lot of things, but I know I am going to continue learning with my new companion. His name is Elder Vasquez and he is from Panama. He is 21 years old and his bday is on the 30th of August. He is a really cool guy and so far we get along very well. He is trying to learn English so I will try and help him with that in the short time we have together.

Since Elder Vasquez came we have been focused on getting people to sacrament meeting. Making that our main focus showed a few fruits on Sunday when 3 of our investigators showed up and another member brought 2 of their friends that live in our area. It was a great blessing to have them because I got to give a talk! There were 2 kids that talked before I did. they talked about the spirit and why it is important and I felt a little bit like they blew me out of the water. their testimonies were so strong and it was a very well thought out message. Our investigators were asking how old the 14 year old kid was because he delivered a great message. My message was on the city of Zion and the way that they lived to be able to go straight to heaven. 

We have been focusing on the men that we have as investigators and more recently I have noticed the great impact that the man has on his wife and children. Bsically whatever the man does, his family will do too. We visited with a guy named David and he read the pamphlet that we gave him and later explained to us everything that he had learned about the apostasy and the restored gospel. I felt the spirit as he explained it to us. I know the spirit is the only thing that can teach us those simple yet profound truths. I continue to be amazed by them as well. I am looking forward to this week.

We had our interviews with president Bush and he told me "you don't need 2 years to change someones life.. you only need a day" that made a great impact on me. I am thankful for each day that I have to be a missionary. I love you guys. know that I am praying for you.. and for your success. I love you! Have a great week!

Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment