Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Visiting the Temple

Hey family and friends!
This week has been very upbeat in the sense that we have had much to do.. but wow I feel that I am being stretched more in my capacity to love and be patient! I know that the experiences that I am having will help me grow closer to Heavenly Father, and help others grow closer to him as well.
One of the most spiritual parts of my week this week was in sacrament meeting yesterday. I was assigned to give a talk.. but when I got there the councilors of our mission president were there so they took over and I will talk next week. But before they spoke, the branch president had the youth give there testimonies of their trip to the temple this weekend. It was very powerful to see them give their testimonies of the temple. For many it was the first time that they had gone. I think it impacted me the most because each day we see the type of people that they have been surrounded by their whole lives. Drunks, drug addicts, and men who are completely spiritually lost. It is a miracle that they have grown to be spiritual giants in a place where worldly things are held as a higher treasure. One of the youth said, "I know that Jesus walks through the same doors that I walked through". That almost brought me to tears as the spirit confirmed to me that the temple is the house of God. I know it is the most sacred place on earth. I miss it.

This week was Elder Westerlind´s last full week of missionary work! He told me to help him stay at it if he got lazy. and I think we have been doing the best we can. He is a very hard worker and determined guy. I have grown to be great friends with him and I will miss him, but sure I will see him in the future. We were asked by the assistants to go to Ocotepeque again this week. It is a city about 4 hours away from our house where there are 4 missionaries. The missionaries were having a few problems so we were sent on a secret mission to figure out what President should do with the upcoming transf

ers. Luckily everything was ok, the missionaries had been having some trouble with their branch president because he never wanted to meet with them and is kind of a lazy guy. 
Elder Westerlind and I also went to San Pedro Sula to a meeting with President Bush and the other ZLs. I love going because we always learn alot and see our good friends from other parts of the mission. Elder Bate and Elder Vasquez are the APs and I am really good friends with them too. President Bush is different than President Dester, but he is a really awesome guy. He was a lawyer in Washington DC. 
On Thursday night we ran the Family home evening at the church and did the experiment where you have to squeeze a hard boiled egg through a glass bottle. We related it to faith and how we must have faith if we want to see miracles. I find myself learning from the simple lessons like that. I know that the spirit doesn't always need something super profound to be able to testify of truth, but through simple things also can truth be found. I love this church and the simple truth that it teaches! 

Marshy I hope you have a great first week in the mission!! I am so proud of you and so proud to be serving at your side. Have a great week, I love you guys!
Love

Elder Dowell 

No comments:

Post a Comment