Friday, January 23, 2015

Semana 2!

Family and Friends!

Week 2 has come to a close and has treated me just slightly better than week one. I have a feeling that is how the process of the CCM will go. Thank you for all of the love and support. This week my Spanish improved little by little each day. When the teachers speak in Spanish I can pick out a few more words each day. I usually don´t notice it until I have to talk. It is very overwhelming at first and I feel like I have learned nothing, and maybe even forgotten a lot (as if I knew any to begin with), but my teacher told my companion, Elder Wight, and I to tell our family and friends that we are improving and he is proud of us for how far we have come this week and that our parents raised us well. 

The food this week has been the same as always, usually eggs and fruit in the morning, tacos or enchiladas for lunch and for dinner tacos or some kind of meat. Just yesterday they served up some pizza but something was up with it because half of the CCM was up last night throwing up. It is such a blessing that I was able to dodge it, but I will be more careful of what I eat. 

I share a room with my companion and one other companionship (4 of us)


My closet


I have learned a lot of things this week, about Spanish and about the gospel. My friends and family, there are some things about what we believe in that can seem very weird. This is because they are weird. But this week my testimony has grown about the truth of these things, particularly the Savior's Atonement for us, and the restoration of the gospel and priesthood power on the earth. When I think about these things, i cannot base my faith off of knowledge, I am slowly learning that my faith can only come from the feelings that I receive from the Holy Ghost when I invite it. I am thankful for the small whispering of the Holy Ghost. 

As far as relationships with my companion and other Elders, my companion is an awesome guy. we learn more about each other every day and that brings us closer and helps us to work harder. We are both terrible at Spanish but we're trying. My district leader is the exact opposite of everything that I stand for, but I'm guessing that part of this experience is being patient with him. That is much easier said than done when I go to open my Krispy Kreme box and a doughnut is missing. 

Today was temple day also! The Mexico City temple is under renovation so we could not go in but we visited their visitors center and could still feel the spirit, even in the midst of the chaos of Mexico city shops and traffic. It was nice to get out of the CCM for a while! 



At the Mexico City Temple Visitor's center


 Elder Wight and I at the Temple


Maybe those guys at Eastern Washington were on to something...link here and scroll


Enjoying the Temple


Thank you so much for all of your emails and support, I have felt so much love since I got here. No matter the feelings of doubt and homesickness, I know I am in the right place. 
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment