Thursday, January 8, 2015

Next Stop, Mexico City

Well, he's outta here! Chandler, or Elder Dowell, left the US for Mexico City yesterday (Jan 7th). It was a tearful moment as we said goodbye for 2 years, but he is gone. Here is a last look at him as he got on the plane. 



He was able to write confirming that he made it, here are a few highlights of his first email as a missionary: 

"Mom and Dad! 

I don´t have much time to email they give me 5 minutes.. just want to let you know that I made it safely to the MTC. I almost got my stuff stolen at the airport. I saw a guy putting my luggage on his cart and I wasn't going to say anything but he didn't put it down and I know he was going to steal it because he apologized way too much. My companions name is Elder Noah Wight.  I will email as soon as I can. I cant send pics now for some reason but I will soon. 

love, Elder Dowell" 

Chandler will be in the Mexico City Missionary Training Center (MTC) for something like 8 weeks while he learns spanish and how to share the gospel in spanish. After that, he heads to Pedro San Sula. We (Nichol and I) were overwhelmed by the support from friends and family in getting Chandler prepared. Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

I will share his updates with you here (this blog). Thanks for the great idea Cameron (see Russian Ryan's blog link on the side)!

~Rich (Chandler's dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment