Monday, August 1, 2016

Saved from the axe

Family and Friends,

This week was a great experience for growing, teaching, and life in general. I was able to feel the spirit testifying of what we teach on many occasions. I think experiences where the spirit is able testify of our message is what has made my testimony grow the most. 

We taught a lady who is not married and has 4 little girls and she poured out her heart to us and told her that there was a time where she didn't even have 1 limpira for her family.. that's the equivalent of 5 cents. We were able to comfort her by teaching her that she is a daughter of God and therefore is the heir to a mansion in the kingdom of God if she will live the gospel. She seems humble enough to learn more about the gospel.

At one point we were contacting a man in the street and it was a very steep hill that we were standing on. As we were talking I didn't recognize that someone had slid an axe down the slope and it was going really fast. Elder Vasquez told me it just barely went past my foot! and the guy that we were contacting told us that the axe didn't hit me because we were protected by God. I know that that is true!



We were invited into an older ladies house where she started to preach to us and yelling really loud like a preacher does. it was a really funny experience because we tried to say a few things but each time she would interrupt us yelling louder, praising Jesus and the Bible. Somewhere in there she said a few scriptures that I am not sure exist, but it was all in good spirit ha ha. That kind of stuff happens a lot here. The main problem is that people think that feeling the spirit or feeling "good" give one the authority. When we teach we do our best to make it very clear that the authority to baptize comes from someone with the authority, and the laying on of hands. it is such a simple but direct truth. I am thankful that the gospel with all of its authority and keys has been restored. It makes us able to return to live with God.

I hope you guys have a great week!! I love and miss you tons!
Love

Elder Dowell





No comments:

Post a Comment