Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Adios La Entrada

Family and friends,
This week was a great week, although a little bit stressful. The changes were this week and I am now in an area called Santa Rosa de Copan. It is about 45 minutes from my other area in La Entrada de Copan. It has been very weird because I was placed here as a district leader instead of a zone leader, so one of the zone leaders is my old companion elder Vasquez, and the other is a good friend of mine from Canada! His name is Elder Comin.
I also recieved a brand new companion from Idaho. he is starting his mission and so I will be his trainer! I am very excited to get working with him because we are both new here and we don't know the area very well. His name is Elder Tyler Deeble. We actually look a lot alike! haha the people here think we are twins. He is learning Spanish still and so it will be fun to help him learn more and more. I remember not too long ago i was in his same position. That has helped me to have a little more patience and sympathy.
 

This week it was so so hard to leave the great friends that I have made in La Entrada. I have really felt like my heart was hurting for them as i thought back on all the great times that we had teaching and laughing and visiting. The good part is that I am close, and yesterday we took a trip to a priesthood meeting in La Entrada and I saw a bunch of people from the branch! It was a happy reunion. 

In getting to know the area better, we had a 3rd companion with us to show us our area for 3 days, then he left on friday morning. His name was Elder Nuñez and he was from Chamelecon.. the most dangerous city in Honduras! He was a very humble guy and helped us out alot, showing us where the members and investigators lived. But once he left, we realized how lost we really were! We struggled even to get back to our own house. luckily, the members are very helpful to us and have shown us how to get places.

As a welcome to the branch, I was assigned a talk yesterday on missionary work! I have been trying to have more confidence in my public speaking, and i didnt feel as nervous as usual up on the stand so i think that i am improving little by little! haha it is good to practice. 

In our daily visiting, we have had many spiritual experiences, although sometimes it is hard to get people to understand the love that Heavenly Father has for them. I have been doing almost all of the talking in the lessons, so this week Elder Deeble and I are going to work on how we can work better as a team. He has very good intentions so we will do our best to make a difference in this crazy town! I love Copan and I am so excited that I will be a part of the growth of this place. It will be a stake someday! Maybe in the millennium







, but someday! haha have a great week! I love you guys so much!
Love

Elder Dowell

No comments:

Post a Comment